6.11.2008

A New Driveway!!!

The other day we got a new sidewalk and driveway poured. It was like pulling teeth to get them to replace it all. They just wanted to replace random pieces. They were going to only replace 5 of 6 squares on our driveway so I begged them to take the remaining square. The sight super said he couldn't or he could loose his job. I didn't want him to loose his job so I gave up. I kept hoping that they would just be nice and take it out. After the sight super left I tried my luck begging the sub contractors. I won and it was so funny. The one square was left on the driveway and I just went out there and stood, hoping. The guy in the mini excavator pointed to the remaining piece and asked if I wanted it removed. I gave him a pleading gesture and continued hoping. He took the shovel and picked up the remaining piece and dropped it but nothing happened. He raised his shovel and pounded the remaining piece busting it into a bunch of pieces. He turned off his machine and called the site super to make sure it was "ok" to remove it. I laughed so hard but... I got my way. Wahoo!!!


No comments: